TEL 01923 233 477...|...FAX 01923 235 565

Long Residency

Highly Skilled Migrants Programme

Sports People and Entertainers Work Permits

Domestic Workers

EEA Nationals
and their Families

Family Members - Civil Partners

Graduate Employment Schemes

Medical Training Initiatives


Retired Person of Independent Means


UK Ancestry

Working Holiday
Maker Visa



UK Ancestry

5 years stay - and possibility of permanent residency - if you are from the Commonwealth and a grandparent was born in the UK.

If you come from a Commonwealth country and can show that at least one of your grandparents was born in the UK you should be able to stay in this country, as long as you intend to work here, and can support yourself without needing to claim any public funds.

If you can successfully show that the conditions are met, the Home Office will give you five years permission to stay and to work. At the end of that time it is possible to apply to stay permanently, as long as you have lived here for the whole five years, apart from short holidays away.

Your spouse or civil partner should be able to stay with you, and will be allowed to work. Any children you have should also be able to stay with you. These family members can be given permanent stay (indefinite leave to remain) at the same time as you.

"Welcome to ARKrights Solicitors, leaders in all aspects of commercial and civil litigation, with our offices in Watford Hertfordshire."

Do you need legal advice?, why not call ARKrights today for FREE?

0800 634 3325

Or click here to read some selected cases.


Documents and guides for download from our website.

Download a range of legal and resource files in both PDF and Word formats...




ARKrights Solicitors. All rights reserved. | Site Map